We include items we assume work for our viewers. If you acquire via web links on this web page, we may make a small compensation. Here’s our process.
- A quick look at the very best vitamin C products
- Finest vitamin C serum for dull skin: L’Oreal Paris Revitalift 10% Vitamin C Concentrate
- Finest drugstore vitamin C product: Pixi Vitamin-C Product
- Best vitamin C product for hyperpigmentation: Murad Environmental Guard Vita-C Glycolic Brightening Product
- Best vitamin C serum for all skin kinds: Paula’s Option C15 Super Booster
- A lot of splurge-worthy vitamin C serum: Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum
- Finest vitamin C serum for oily skin: Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Product
- Ideal vitamin C product for acne-prone skin: La Roche-Posay Vitamin C Lotion
- Best vitamin C serum for dry skin: SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic
- Best long-lasting vitamin C lotion: Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Day Lotion
You possibly already know that vitamin C is a crucial part of a balanced diet. Your day-to-day dosage can help increase your immunity and uses a variety of various other advantages for your overall wellness.
But did you know topical vitamin C product is additionally great for your skin? Continue reading to find out why, plus learn more about several of the most effective serums you can buy.
How vitamin C serum functions
To understand how vitamin C functions, you first have to recognize totally free radicals. These natural molecules aren’t negative on their own, however they can end up being a trouble when they accumulate. In high numbers, they can break cells down gradually, contributing to illness as well as aging.
Anti-oxidants help fight cost-free radicals, though, keeping every little thing in equilibrium. Vitamin C is one such antioxidant.
- Vitamin C product advantages for skin
- When utilized on the skin, vitamin C lotion can:
- battle indicators of skin aging
- decrease hyperpigmentation
- level your skin tone
- minimize creases
- safeguard your skin from sunlight damage
If you’re interested in attempting vitamin C serum however aren’t certain how to choose one, don’t stress. We rounded up 10 great choices for you.
Exactly how we picked the very best vitamin C lotions
In selecting our leading vitamin C lotions picks, we looked at:
Price. We consisted of a variety of alternatives to match lots of budget plans.
Client reviews. We searched for products extremely rated by online customers.
Strength. Each product has at the very least 10 percent vitamin C.
Product packaging. Vitamin C lotion should be packaged in nontransparent product packaging. Or else, it can damage down when exposed to light, triggering it to be much less effective.
It deserves bearing in mind that there are various types of vitamin C, and not all of them are just as efficient.
We mostly chose products made with:
- L-ascorbic acid
- ascorbyl palmitate
- tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate
- magnesium ascorbyl phosphate
We also kept an eye out for items that have extra beneficial ingredients.
$ = under $25.
$$ =$ 25–$ 50.
$$$ = over $50.
Healthline’s choices for the very best vitamin C lotions.
Ideal vitamin C product for dull skin.
L’Oreal Paris Revitalift 10% Vitamin C Concentrate.
- Dimension: 1 ounce (oz.).
- Trick components: hyaluronic acid, ascorbic acid.
- Trick attributes: paraben-free, fragrance-free.
- Skin kind: boring, uneven skin.
Why we enjoy it: At a reasonable cost factor, this 10 percent vitamin C lotion is without scents and also dyes. It additionally has hyaluronic acid to hydrate skin. Customers claim the formula is light and also effective, visibly boosting wrinkles.
What you must know: While lots of enjoy that this is even more of a lotion than a serum, some feel it’s as well hefty.
- Finest pharmacy vitamin C lotion.
- Pixi Vitamin-C Lotion.
- Rate: $.
- Dimension: 1 oz.
- Trick components: ferulic acid, vitamin C.
- Key attributes: paraben-free, cruelty-free.
- Skin kind: all skin kinds.
Why we love it: This ascorbic acid vitamin C serum consists of ferulic acid, which additionally assists deal with totally free radicals and reduces the effects of sunlight damage. Caffeine helps lighten up skin, also.
What you need to understand: This lotion has a citrus pepper mint scent. While many reviewers say it smells wonderful, some locate it too solid.
- Ideal vitamin C serum for hyperpigmentation.
- Murad Environmental Guard Vita-C Glycolic Brightening Product.
- Key active ingredients: glycolic acid, vitamin C.
- Secret features: cruelty-free, vegan, gluten-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free.
- Skin kind: oily or mix skin.
Why we like it: Vitamin C can be a little unsteady, breaking down conveniently when exposed to light, air, or water. Murad utilizes gold to support the vitamin C in this serum, which the brand name states results in a more powerful product.
The hassle-free pump top is made to provide the very same dose of vitamin C each time you use it.
What you should understand: The serum additionally includes glycolic acid, a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that can function well for hyperpigmentation. Nevertheless, it can occasionally be annoying to sensitive skin. Furthermore, you might get even more take advantage of utilizing glycolic acid and also vitamin C independently than you will incorporating them.
- Best vitamin C lotion for all skin kinds.
- Paula’s Selection C15 Super Booster.
Key ingredients: vitamin E, ferulic acid, vitamin C.
Trick features: fragrance-free, cruelty-free, paraben-free, recyclable through TerraCycle.
Skin kind: all skin kinds.
Why we enjoy it: This 15 percent vitamin C formula can be utilized alone or added right into your moisturizer. Just a couple of decreases are all you require for a healthy radiance. This is also valuable for minimizing the look of scars.
What you must understand: Some customers with completely dry skin state this triggered irritability.
The majority of splurge-worthy vitamin C product.
Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Lotion.
Trick components: tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate vitamin C, ferulic acid, vitamin E.
Key includes: fragrance-free.
Skin kind: all skin kinds.
Why we love it: This vitamin C serum consists of vitamin C in the type of tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. At 20 percent strength, it’s a much greater concentration than the majority of the other available vitamin C lotions.
The serum likewise consists of vitamin E and ferulic acid.
A 2005 research study recommends that ferulic acid is most reliable when incorporated with vitamins E as well as C, like in this product.
What you must know: Some customers report that this serum has a repulsive smell.
Finest vitamin C lotion for oily skin.
Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Lightening Up Product.
Trick active ingredients: vitamin C, phytosterols complicated, glycolic acid.
Trick attributes: B corp accredited, cruelty-free, My Eco-friendly Laboratory certified.
Skin type: oily or acne-prone skin.
Why we enjoy it: This lotion takes in quickly into the skin as well as doesn’t leave an oily feel. After a few applications, reviewers report fading acne scars as well as boosted appearance.
What you ought to understand: You don’t require a lot of this item for each and every use, so one container goes a long means.
Like the Murad product, this item consists of glycolic acid. Though glycolic acid as well as vitamin C can safely be incorporated, they might work better when used individually.
Best vitamin C serum for acne-prone skin.
La Roche-Posay Vitamin C Product.
Trick ingredients: vitamin C, salicylic acid.
Trick functions: allergic reaction tested, skin specialist examined, paraben-free, noncomedogenic, oil-free.
Skin type: acne-prone skin.
Why we love it: The combination of vitamin C as well as salicylic acid makes this nongreasy formula excellent for acne-prone skin. Those who are concerned regarding maturing skin claim they love the improvement in their skin’s appearance.
What you should know: Salicylic acid is difficult on acne, but it might aggravate sensitive skin. This formula also has a solid fragrance, so it’s not a fantastic alternative for individuals who are delicate to fragrances.
Ideal vitamin C product for dry skin.
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic.
Key components: vitamin C, vitamin E, ferulic acid.
Key functions: paraben-free.
Skin type: completely dry skin.
Why we enjoy it: This 15 percent vitamin C product has L-ascorbic acid, which is the most powerful kind of vitamin C. It also consists of vitamin E as well as ferulic acid, in addition to glycerin to hydrate completely dry skin. Customers state they such as just how intense and also smooth their skin wanted simply a few applications.
What you need to recognize: Some users don’t such as the scent.
Ideal resilient vitamin C serum.
Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Day Product.
Secret ingredients: vitamin C, pumpkin ferment, pomegranate extract.
Secret attributes: vegan, cruelty-free, fragrance-free.
Skin kind: all skin kinds.
Why we like it: A vitamin C formula that’s cruelty-free, free of essential oils, * and * has a fun name– what’s not to love? This Drunk Elephant formula is designed to stay on your skin for 72 hrs.
What you must know: Drunk Elephant relaunched the item in 2021. It currently comes in two different vials you mix together to “trigger” the vitamin C, so you understand the product will certainly remain fresh for a minimum of 6 months.
Comparison of the very best vitamin C products.
PriceSizeKey ingredientsSkin typeConsiderations.
- L’Oreal Paris Revitalift 10% Vitamin C Concentrate$ 1 oz– hyaluronic acid.
- vitamin Cdull, uneven skin10 percent vitamin C product that users claim is light as well as reliable.
- Pixi Vitamin-C Product$ 1 oz– ferulic acid.
- vitamin Callsome customers say it scents great, but some find citrus pepper mint aroma also strong.
- Murad Environmental Guard Vita-C Glycolic Brightening Serum$$$ 1 oz– glycolic acid.
- vitamin Coily or combination skinglycolic acid, a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), can function well for hyperpigmentation however can in some cases be bothersome to delicate skin.
- Paula’s Selection C15 Super Booster$$$ 0.67 oz.– vitamin E.
- ferulic acid.
- vitamin Callhelpful for minimizing the look of marks, however users with dry skin say it created irritation.
- Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum$$$ 1 oz– tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate vitamin C.
- ferulic acid.
- vitamin Eall20 percent effectiveness much greater focus than a lot of various other available vitamin C products.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Lotion$$$ 1– 1.7 oz– vitamin C.
- phytosterols complicated.
- glycolic acidoily or acne-prone skinreviewers report fading acne marks and boosted appearance after a couple of applications.
- La Roche-Posay Vitamin C Lotion$$ 1 oz– vitamin C.
- salicylic acidacne-prone skinreviewers with mature-looking skin say they enjoy the renovation in their skin’s look, but salicylic acid might aggravate sensitive skin.
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic$$$ 1 oz– vitamin C.
- vitamin E.
- ferulic aciddry skin15 percent vitamin C product has L-ascorbic acid, which is the most powerful type of vitamin C.
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Day Serum$$$ 1 oz– vitamin C.
- pumpkin ferment.
- pomegranate extractallcomes in two different vials you mix with each other to “activate” the vitamin C.
- What to seek in vitamin C products.
- When purchasing a vitamin C lotion, it’s important to try to find an item made from a potent, stable sort of vitamin C.
Look for one of these types of vitamin C on the ingredients listing:
- L-ascorbic acid.
- ascorbyl palmitate.
- tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate.
- magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.
It’s additionally best to search for an item that’s offered in opaque product packaging, as vitamin C can damage down when revealed to sunlight.
You can likewise have a look at the other active ingredients, especially if you’re seeking to aid a number of skin worries at the same time. As an example, hyaluronic acid or glycerin are good additions for completely dry skin, while AHAs can help dismiss dead skin. Some items might likewise be developed with retinol to aid minimize the appearance of creases.
Several products are made with 10 to 20 percent vitamin C, and that’s normally powerful enough. Older studies showTrusted Resource that optimum absorption is accomplished at 20 percent.
Factors to consider by skin type.
Vitamin C is safe to useTrusted Source for many skin kinds, yet it’s still a good concept to do a spot test before using lotion throughout your face.
To do this, apply a percentage of product on the inside of your wrist. Wait 24 hours for any signs of irritability before using broadly.